Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > YCS Community > Edification > For New Christians

For New Christians Here you can post your questions and talk about issues relating to new believers.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:07 PM

craigdressler is infamous around these parts
Default Trinity Truth

There are numerous Bible passages that show the truth of the Trinity. Here are a few:
1) In Genesis God says, "Let us make man in our image." Both with the words "us" and "our" God points to the plural nature of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
2) Jesus very clearly calls himself God when he says, "Before Abraham was, I am." The words "I am" are the same words God used for himself when He spoke to Moses. In fact, the Jewish leaders knew that and almost stoned Jesus because they knew he was claiming to be God in the flesh.
3) In John 1:1 God says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God." Who is the word talked about over and over and over again in the Bible? Jesus!!
4) After Jesus rose from the dead, he walked through the walls in the upper room and appeared to Thomas. When Thomas saw Jesus, he said, "My Lord and my God!" Jesus did not correct him.
5) Lastly, Jesus last command was to go and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The last statement clearly puts the Trinity in focus.

Tags
bible, god, holy spirit, jesus, trinity