Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > Recovery & Support > General Struggles > Struggles with Sexuality

Struggles with Sexuality A new forum open to ALL members who are struggling with sexuality issues (including homosexuality). All posts will be reviewed before being made public.
NOTE: Only Christians are allowed to reply and offer support here.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 AM

DanteCWB is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debshopeful View Post
Guys not just girls, base things on looks...After the looks fade, what will you have?
This heads into the point I want to make.

Most guys I hear complaining about shallow girls entertain me to some level. When I ask who they're talking about, they usually mention some really hot chick with a vapid personality. At which point I think... wait a second. Who's really guilty of being shallow?

I admit, there's a line for me. If someone doesn't look attractive to me, I won't date them. There's honestly no chance. There has to be a degree of physical attraction for a relationship to work. If there isn't, the entire purpose of the relationship is defeated before it begins. Girls, like it or not, have the same standards we do as guys.

That being said, there needs to be another level to the relationship as well. A deeper, more meaningful level that will last into the time when looks fade and nothing is left but the love and devotion that has been built over time. This is ultimately more valuable, but will not exist without a foundation: like the pretty smile you noticed on the other side of the room that one day.

If you're absolutely honestly tired of shallow girls, date a girl you're not physically attracted to. See how that works out and get back to me.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 AM

RobertParker is infamous around these parts

I have had an experience just recently with a girl I had been with for almost a year and she got the point of being shallow. I did make a mistake while with her. She had been cheating on me the whole time and was the most beautiful person I had ever met. She had something inside her I found the be the most beautiful thing in the world and that was christ. She was a believer and I felt like we went through the same struggles. I loved her and continue to love her. I made some bad decisions in the relationship and did just yesterday evening when I threw her out of my car because she hit me. I have never made that mistake until I met her and it was an accident. I felt extremely bad after our argument and I really wish somebody would pray for her because I feel like I have frightened her to the point where she won't trust men the same. I really didn't mean to intentionally do it although she did mean to continuously hit me and I let her because of my mistake. She mentally abused me throughout the relationship lying to me about being with other men and to this day continously bad mouths me and makes fun of my character. I have also made some mistakes but it was only because I was hurt. I really want some people to pray for her because she is involved with some street gang affiliation that is taking her down the wrong road. She is starting to get invovled in some hard drugs I was trying my best to keep her from because I had been down the same road in my past. She is younger then me, but I honestly fell in love with her. I'm still in love with her to this moment. I really felt like this was the girl I was suppossed to marry and be with the rest of my life. I care more about her then my own safety. I really messed up yesterday though and I'm probably just going to have to live with the fact that I lost her forever. Her name is Kayla Kreunen and I really wish somebody would pray for her.

Thank you.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:01 PM

seekingGod is infamous around these parts

They are a lot of great looking men out there, as well as beautiful women. Do they carry that same beauty on the inside? Think about it. All the money people spend these days on making their face beautiful, and bigger breasts, and lips. To put all that effort, time and money to look great, what do these people do to make their hearts look that great?
Do they have empathy? Do they have sympathy? do they kick the cat when they walk in the door? Do they nag all the time about I want this, I need that?

I 've been rejected by men because I am to plain looking. I don't live in the city, I don't have money. the list goes on. And yes sadly some of these men are Christian, at least that is what they told me. I didn't get the chance to nag their brain about it.
Yes, to me it's about the inner beauty that makes a person who they are, not the mask.

God sees our hearts, does He not?

SG
Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 AM

Nelix_ca is infamous around these parts

Great advise, Usher. The same thing happened to me. When I stopped looking, God presented my wife to me and we have been married for 34 years. He never makes mistakes.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:20 AM
elliedunn1145

Seems to me, that many women, and even men, look to the outside cover....In other words, they have to see the beauty, or handsomeness, to connect.....Outer Beauty does not last long.....

Look to the inside cover....The beauty there lasts a life time.....
Old 10-01-2012, 03:11 PM

PastorZomok is infamous around these parts

Good points..
Don't judge a book by its cover..
Old 11-18-2012, 11:29 PM

anket047 is infamous around these parts

I do not think looks should matter very much. I am one of those girls who does not give much priority to a guys looks. People need to get to know a person and love them for who they are because looks are nothing and will definitely fade with time and age or lets say accidents.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM

Virgil is infamous around these parts
Default Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingGod View Post
They are a lot of great looking men out there, as well as beautiful women. Do they carry that same beauty on the inside? Think about it. All the money people spend these days on making their face beautiful, and bigger breasts, and lips. To put all that effort, time and money to look great, what do these people do to make their hearts look that great?
Do they have empathy? Do they have sympathy? do they kick the cat when they walk in the door? Do they nag all the time about I want this, I need that?

I 've been rejected by men because I am too plain looking. I don't live in the city, I don't have money. the list goes on. And yes sadly some of these men are Christian, at least that is what they told me. I didn't get the chance to nag their brain about it.
Yes, to me it's about the inner beauty that makes a person who they are, not the mask.

God sees our hearts, does He not?

SG
Your response to the topic caught my eye and I was wondering why you have not posted any pictures of yourself? Or even why you've decided to stay away from this site for so long.
Yet your remarks about the shallowness of someone was rather intriguing. I can not ever remember thinking about someone being shallow, though miss-informed maybe or maybe withdrawn by nature.
But then, who am I?
Have a great day.
Virgil
[/SIZE]
Old 07-12-2017, 02:34 AM
Andrewstrauss

you need to hold your considerations under tight restraints continually. with the end goal for us to resemble Christ, we need to think like him, and that implies cherishing others over ourselves, and to love them as a man, Courseworkhelppros.co.uk and not as a question. all im saying is dont simply look outwardly, yet concentrate within, for where the heart is, there will his/her organic products appear.