Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > Recovery & Support > General Struggles > Quit Smoking

Quit Smoking The forum to provide support for future ex-smokers.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Jeremiah2913 is on a distinguished road
Default Electronic Cigarettes

I wondered if there's any experience or opinions on these devices. I've recently had an experience to briefly try a couple different models. I was quite impressed with the simulation of real smoking.

There is little FDA testing on the product but in what studies they have performed "Diethylene glycol was detected in one cartridge at approximately 1%. Diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze, is toxic to humans. But so is flouride and it's very common in toothpaste and your drinking water. Although not quite known and findings of one carcinogen vs over 60 already known to cause cancer in a regular cigarette I feel compelled to try. I'm not looking for a replacement but hopefully a better alternative to help until I have the strength to live w/o nicotene.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:16 AM

suanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like an interesting thing to try. Am concerned about how safe it is. It would be one step closer to kicking the habit. The ad caught my attention too!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Jeremiah2913 is on a distinguished road

I have one now, mixed emotions about it. according to the stats I smoked 2 packs of cigarettes through it in the first 4 hrs! I had a buzz going thats for sure! It cures the cravings but still lacks something, the overall familaiarity of the mouth I guess. On a positive note, I drank a fifth of jack and couldn't catch a buzz so maybe it will get me to stop drinking! If I could get serious about the quitting it would help, atm the stress is just too much to even try.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Upothe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah2913 View Post
I wondered if there's any experience or opinions on these devices. I've recently had an experience to briefly try a couple different models. I was quite impressed with the simulation of real smoking.

There is little FDA testing on the product but in what studies they have performed "Diethylene glycol was detected in one cartridge at approximately 1%. Diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze, is toxic to humans. But so is flouride and it's very common in toothpaste and your drinking water. Although not quite known and findings of one carcinogen vs over 60 already known to cause cancer in a regular cigarette I feel compelled to try. I'm not looking for a replacement but hopefully a better alternative to help until I have the strength to live w/o nicotene.
Nicotine is really very harmful for health. i just saw a documentary what is related with people who are affected by many disease caused by smoking. so we should create awareness for them.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:22 PM

kiba180 is infamous around these parts

There have been many studies done on the use of nicotine, and it actually has some good uses. I personally use a e-cig, and I have noticed a great positive change in my health. My tastebuds are alive, my sense of smell has returned, and I DON'T reek of smoke!!! I use the tanks and NOT the ones that look like an actual cigarette. The cartridge does not last long in those. I was going through those within the hour.

Last edited by kiba180; 02-12-2014 at 07:26 PM..
Old 12-15-2016, 02:43 PM

PastorZomok is infamous around these parts

I have never been a smoker but I can say that I am glade to see some using these e-cigs as they do smell better and that is an improvement, however these are not without problems and one can still offend others with them.