Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > YCS Community > General

General For general discussions

Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 PM

R_ME_DUH is infamous around these parts
Default Trinity and the Oneness

Would anyone like to share their views on this topic?
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 AM

KentuckyGal is infamous around these parts

Well, I am definitely no authority on this subject, but I'll chip in my 2cents:

You hear talk of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost (or sometimes Spirit), that would be 3 beings or the Trinity.

However, there are references in the Bible to Jesus Himself saying, "I and my Father are One."

I guess some people want the Trinity to fit together into one kind of like the Power Rangers "link up" to form those really big robot thingies. It's not like that. They combine together in a way that is outside of my ability to comprehend at this time. But that is kind of what faith is about...believing without cold, hard evidence.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:38 AM

huddlm is infamous around these parts

This should be called Trinity vs Oneness because people are either one of the other from my knowledge. I believe in Oneness. The bible never refers to Father, Son and Holy Ghost as "persons" as the doctrine of the Trinity states but the bible does states manifests and that is what us (Oneness) believes. Jesus is God manifested in the flesh as stated in 1 Timothy 3:16. I just don't understand how anyone can state that Father, Son and Holy Ghost are 3 "persons" and then try to state that those same three persons are one person.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 PM

JohnnyC is infamous around these parts
Default my thoughts

Kentucky Gal said,
"It's not like that. They combine together in a way that is outside of my ability to comprehend at this time. But that is kind of what faith is about...believing without cold, hard evidence."

I totally agree with the first part of her statement, and say we should rather just stand in awe of and obey our God rather then try to figure Him out. Remember He is infinite and we are finite.

I disagree with the second part, at least partially. We should prove our calling and election. We should hold our faith up to the scriptures and History to make sure we are believing what Jesus and His original Disciples actually taught. But I do not believe in arguing over Christological issues, same as Kentucky Gal. I am an amateur Church Historian and I find it interesting that Christological issues have resulted in Christians killing and/or persecuting one another all throughout the History of the Church. At some point early in Christian History, 3rd and 4th century?, the Church stopped focusing on the teachings of Jesus and began to focus on who Jesus was and argue over it, this may have been a big mistake.