YourChristianSpace.com (YCS) Forum & Chat
Rules and Guidelines
To help you gain the most from our YourChristianSpace.com Forums and Chat, please familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines below for participating in the message forums and chat rooms.
If you need help or technical support please post in YCS Support. Please do not pm admin for support questions or requests.
1. No use of explicit, obscene or vulgar language or images and/or messages, including racist remarks. We do not tolerate any lack of sensitivity so any form of harassment or bullying are not welcome and will lead to an indefinite ban.
2. No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. Everyone’s beliefs are highly personal and unique to every individual. "Flaming" and insults, will not be tolerated.
Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
3. No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permitted (including signatures).
* Advertising or Spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting by someone that has ownership or other "vested interest" to the web site involved, including efforts to promote other online forums or web sites by web site owners.
* If you are a web site owner and have a link that fits into this category that you want to share, please submit it and we will review your submission.
* Posts and links about fundraising (including non-profit fundraisers) are NOT permitted.
* Only links to personal home pages are allowed in signatures and member profiles. Links must be appropriate and abide by rules #1-4 or they will be removed.
* Links to helpful web sites (commercial or otherwise) are allowed when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc.
If you wish to advertise your website please contacts us and we will discuss our terms. If you have a charity fund raising even – please contact us before posting about it.
4. No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (i.e. banning).
5. No posts of copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the person posting should not be posted on the message boards without the consent of the owner.
6. No posts of lengthy articles. Sharing information is allowed, but the forums are not to be used to publish articles. It is an improper use of critical forum resources.
7. No posts of an overtly political or ANY fundamental nature – YCS is about bringing people together for love and support – We are not here to convert others and nor to be converted ourselves.
8. No cryptic posts. Using cryptic messages to "skirt" the rules is not permitted.
9. If it shouldn’t be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms. This is a public, family-friendly forum. In addition, if something would not be considered “work safe” (to a boss or co-worker), then it shouldn’t be posted.
10. Do not disrespect moderators. Be respectful in both the forums and any private communications with moderators. Moderators are volunteers that donate many, many hours of their own time to help in the forums and chat rooms. Violations of this rule will not be tolerated.
11. No SHOUTING. Remember, using ALL CAPITAL LETTERS in posts is considered yelling and rude, plus it is difficult to read.
12. Do not post offline personal contact information (i.e. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. Do not post your contact details i.e. msn, yahoo or any other information about you anywhere on YCS this is to protect your security and identity.
13. No duplicate posts.
14. No irrelevant or off-topic posts. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted at the moderator's discretion.
15. No lengthy signatures. Limit signatures to 10 lines or less. Moderators will edit and/or remove signatures that are too long.
16. Do not use the forum to give professional medical or counselling advice. If you are a medical professional or a psychologist / psychiatrist, please remember the forums and chat are for patient support and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. If you wish, you may contact a member who asks for support directly and give them a chance to consult with you at a professional capacity.
17. Our members should ALWAYS exercise caution – Just because someone is a member of YCS does not necessarily mean he or she is someone to be trusted. We cannot stress enough that you should always exercise caution.
18. No discussion or promotion of any illegal activity or threats of violence for recreational purposes.
1. Check for open topics. Before posting a new topic, please check to see if there is already a topic open on the subject.
2. Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on YCS that bothers you please communicate with them and ask them to stop. Should they persist, please contact one of the moderators or administrators.
3. Report posts that violate the rules and guidelines to the moderators or administrator. Report any member violations by clicking on REPORT MEMBER in the member’s profile. Do not reply to the offending post as that typically only encourages the poster.
We will act on the report as quickly as we can
4. Use good judgement. NEVER rely on information or opinions exchanged via the forums or chat rooms to replace necessary, personal consultation(s) with qualified health, medical or psychological professionals to meet your individual health, medical or psychological needs. Remember that what's right or has worked for one person may not be what's right for you. YCS staff and owners are not qualified professionals; we can only support you by prayer. Please consult a professional always.
5. Lend a helping hand. Communicate with new members so they feel welcome and appreciated and validated. Spread the word about YCS and help us to improve.
6. Don't be afraid to share. If you're feeling alone or hurting, don't be afraid to share your fears and tears. If you're rejoicing about the results of a recent medical test or treatment, share that too. We are here for you, to support you and to pray for you. Please do not be alone, there is no need, we are one family and we can all help one another with compassion.
7. Welcome new members. When newcomers arrive, say "hi" and welcome them. Help new folks "learn the ropes" about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved. You will also find a lot of help using the forums themselves.
8. Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid "generic" post subjects like "Help" or "Question". You will receive a better response to your posts by being more descriptive about the content of your post.
Know Your Moderators:
YourChristianSpace.com Community forums and chat rooms are moderated by volunteers. While they may not have answers to all your questions, moderators are here to help in any way they can. Moderators have the right to edit or delete posts without prior notice that violate of the rules above. They are also responsible for keeping promoting participation in the forums and chats. You can spot a moderator because their posts indicate it with a little cross next to their photo and their title as YCS Helper. If you wish to apply to become a moderator please keep a watch on the announcement section.
Each moderator, being human with different life experiences, may see things through slightly different eyes and some variance is to be expected. However, moderators promise to base their decision making on the content of posts rather than personal feelings about the person posting in them.
If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can email them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.
Users that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time without notice, please re-read them regularly.
Post Edited (Admin) : July 1 - 2008