Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > YCS Community > General

General For general discussions

Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM

Jabez is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy1490 View Post
For God so LOVED the WORLD...John 3:16....(that's sinners too). Romans 9:13 is speaking of Esau, not all Sinners... God hates SIN, not His own creation. Why would HE create something that HE hates? Psalm5:4-5 is speaking of Eliphaz, please explain where it says that God hates sinners. Be encouraged in the LORD!
The sobering fact is that God is so holy and righteous that He hates the sinner (Psalm 5:5; Lev. 20:23; Prov. 6:16-19; Hos. 9:15). Some say that we should say that God only hates the sin but loves the sinner. But, the aforementioned scriptures speak contrary to that. But it is also true that He is love (1 John 4:8). It is better to accept the love of God found in Jesus than to reject it and suffer His wrath.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 AM

morganray is infamous around these parts
Default God does hate......

God does hate sin, sinners and many other humanistic traits.

Hate, however, is not the primary concept in the bible. I believe it is God's way of reconciliation with those that he hates that is key. His word teaches us to love those that hate us.

Just for emphasis hate is mentioned 87 times
and love is mentioned 311 times.

Bobby

Sharing Christ Online
Old 02-24-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSacrifice View Post
I personally dont think that God sends ANYONE to hell,
if we go to Hell, we go as an intruder. The Bible states that hell was not created for man, but for the devil and his angels. it is us and us alone who make the decision to reject God and accept hell.
Those who receive salvation are promised that they “should not perish” but “have eternal life!” If hell is a place of eternal torture, then the people suffering this torment must also have eternal life. But the verse says, “should not perish.” It does not say, “Should not suffer eternal life in torment.” How does the word perish relate to the popular teaching about hell and hell fire? Why did God inspire John to use the word perish if this is not what He meant?

If you are employed, you receive regular paychecks. They represent wages paid to you for work done. What about God? Does He ever pay wages for work? Notice Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” This verse exactly mirrors John 3:16! Eternal life is contrasted to death—to perishing! The wages of sin is death, not eternal torture in hell.

Last edited by Jabez; 02-24-2008 at 03:15 PM..
Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHughesNC View Post
God does hate sin, sinners and many other humanistic traits.

Hate, however, is not the primary concept in the bible. I believe it is God's way of reconciliation with those that he hates that is key. His word teaches us to love those that hate us.

Just for emphasis hate is mentioned 87 times
and love is mentioned 311 times.

Bobby

Sharing Christ Online
"The Redeemer will come to Jerusalem," says the Lord, "to buy back those in Israel who have turned from their sins. And this is my covenant with them," says the Lord. "My Spirit will not leave them, and neither will these words I have given you. They will be on your lips and on the lips of your children and your children's children forever. I, the Lord, have spoken! Isaiah 59:20-21

Only if we change our sinful ways can we be made right in Gods sight and share in the everlasting life which is refered to in John 3:16

Last edited by Jabez; 02-24-2008 at 03:36 PM..