Welcome Guest Login or Signup
CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

Go Back   YCS > YCS Community > General

General For general discussions

Old 03-20-2007, 02:10 PM

MD19Justin87 is infamous around these parts
Default "Hatred" Attacking Others, Hurting Jesus

This is an excerpt from one of my favorite books entitled "Perfect Illustrations.

HATRED

Attacking Others, Hurting Jesus

Matthew 25:31-46
1 John 4:18-21

A young lady named Sally took a seminary class taught by Professor Smith, who was known for his elaborate object lessons. One day Sally walked into class to find a large target placed on the wall, with several darts resting on a nearby table. Professor Smith told the students to draw a picture of someone they disliked or someone who had made them angry- and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.
Sally's friend (on her right) drew a picture of another woman who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend (on her left) drew a picture of his younger brother. Sally drew a picture of Professor Smith, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on his face! She was quite pleased at the overall effect she'd achieved.
The class lined up and began throwing darts amidst much laughter. Some of the students threw with such force that they ripped apart their targets. But Sally, looking forward to her turn, was filled with disappointment when Professor Smith asked the students to return to their seats so he could begin his lecture. As Sally fumed about missing her chance to throw the darts, the professor began removing the target from the wall.
Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled image of their Savior- holes and jagged marks covered his face. His Eyes were virtually pierced out.
Professor Smith said only these words, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethern, ye have done it unto me."

(Matthew 25:40, KJV)

Citation: Lee Rhodes, Wheeler, Michigan
Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 AM

Double_Diamond_77 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up well thought out lesson

I can only imagine the lesson those students learned and how they felt
inside after the event.
What a shockingly great way to get rid of hate!

Love will always win!

Thanks for sharing,
Blessings